5 Reasons Why I Would Be a Good Pharma Sales Rep

Lets supposed you're in an interview for a pharma sales rep job, and the interviewer asked you:

Give us five reasons why you would be a good sales rep for our company?

And you have just the right answer, or you think you might have.

This is how you want to answer that:
5 reasons why I am the best for this company


  • 1) I'm talented

talented

I can't pinpoint exactly what it is because it could be possible that I am multi-talented!

(Insert a story):

My mom told me that, after I was born, she did nothing to teach me, but I was very good at suckling for survival.

Really!

(This is a situation or task, and the action you've taken):

It nearly knocks her off to see come into this world and see me knowing what to do at the bosom area.

(This is the result or outcome from the action):

I grew up healthily from then on.

Research has proven time and again that breast milk is the highest order of infant nutrition, and I was naturally talented to benefit from it.

TIPS: If possible, try to structure your interview answer using the STAR formula - situation/task, action, results. The above is for illustration purpose :)


  • 2) I'm teachable
teachable


There's no doubt that I'm talented, as I told you earlier, but I realized that talent alone is insufficient.

When I join the school 100 meters sprint team, I know that I have the talent to run fast. I remember breaking one of mom's favorite vase, and I successfully create a considerable gap when she came after me. Not less than half a kilometer in a few minutes!

In the team, the coach told me why I should raise my knee higher, swing my arms faster, and breathe easily. I can run, yes, but he taught me how to beat others by running more quickly.

I did whatever he told me ...

... And for three consecutive years, my 100 meters sprint record left unbeaten.

All that comes from talent plus a willing attitude.


  • 3) I learn fast

fast learner

Remember my stint as a sprinter during school days that I told you earlier?

The reason why my record left unbeaten for three years long is that I learn from every mistake I make.

Success is an excellent teacher, but the mistake is a great teacher!

I remember one tournament where I was beaten a few seconds behind a newcomer. He's not younger than me, but he's fast. I give him that. Then, after discussing with the coach, he pointed out that the competitor starting was way better than me. Aha! No wonder he got a head start!

I straight away went to work on my starting, and mind you, I only got a few minutes before the race, but with the support from my coach, my aptitude for learning and making my sprint better, I did beat that guy.

It's a split hair win, but hey, I still win!

I do learn fast and win eventually.


  • 4) I'm persistent

persistent

I know that pharma sales require a person who doesn't easily give up.

When I see the shiny gold medal that will be mine, during my sprinting days, I'll set my mind to own it despite all odds.

I remember training in heavy rain ...

... Sometimes I train when the sun is directly on top of my head, but I keep training. I see the gold medal, and I want it badly. I can almost taste it!

Because of this, I always win my medal. Not once, but repeated throughout the year.

Persistence pays in athletic as I would assume it will too in sales.

And I had it in me, in abundance.


  • 5) I am motivated

motivated

If I can rank my best attributes, then my motivation will sit on top of the list.

You see, I was terrified when I fill in the form to apply for this post.

After all, selling is not yet my forte.

But just like sitting on the starting block before every race. Many things run through my mind - what if I made a false start, what if I trip and fall down halfway, what if the other guy can really outrun me, what if I run out of gas in the middle, what if...

... And thousands similar 'what if' thoughts.

But I need only ONE 'what if' to overcome everything:

What if I WIN and the gold medal is mine?

That motivation was all I need.

It proved to be working well for me since I keep winning for three straight years. I believe I can do the same with pharmaceutical sales as a rep.

Show me the gold medal, and I'll sprint right at it!

TIPS: You are unique. What I've listed here might not resonate with yours, but it doesn't matter. What matter is, discover your uniqueness, turn them into material for your STAR.

And let them shine.

END OF TIPS.

PS. Read about incentive trip as a job perk for an excellent medical sales rep

No comments:

Post a Comment